Advanced Member Program (AMP) at 1871
In an effort to further expand our programming offerings and provide additional value to companies at all stages of growth, 1871 is offering a program geared towards mature companies that are scaling and have reached specific industry benchmarks. Companies will be selected and invited to participate by the 1871 Team. The 1871 Team will be consistently looking for companies for the program itself. Companies that think they meet the criteria for the program may also self-nominate for consideration. Approximately 15 companies will be invited to participate, functioning as a cohort, and the program will last six months. The first cohort will begin on February 1, 2018.
In order to qualify for AMP, members must have fulfilled two or more of the following requirements:
- Be post-revenue with an annual revenue of 100k+
- Have raised at least $250,000 in funding
- Participated in an accelerator program
- Have at least 5 full-time employees
Companies that have more than 25 full-time employees are not eligible to apply.
For the duration of the program, participants must have a Shared, Reserved, Tenant, or Alumni Membership at 1871. Current members are encouraged to apply if they are in good standing and meet the criteria for participation.
Pre-Qualification and Application Process:
Applications for the 2018 Winter cohort are now closed.
Benefits of Participation:
All participating member companies will receive access to the following resources:
- Access to the 1871’s Recruiting Consultants for support in process design, candidate acquisition strategy, candidate experience, resume and phone screening, sourcing, and more.
- Customized employer branding content which will be shared across 1871 social channels, “Featured” tags on all job posts, and paid social ad campaigns to promote job openings with customized targeting options.
- A write-up about their company in a report that will be circulated to corporate partners and sponsors.
- A feature article on their company that will be posted to the 1871 Blog and promoted far and wide on all 1871 channels.
- An opportunity to participate in an “investor lunch” with venture funds at 1871.
- Facilitated introductions to corporate partners (when available) through the 1871 Business Development Team.
- Tickets to the Momentum Dinner for up to three people from their company.
- The opportunity to do a “First Pitch” at select public events.
- A booking of up to four hours (once a quarter) in IMSA, 2.00, South Classroom, Motorola, 3.14 or 3.15.
- A booking of up to four hours in the 2.03 or 2.01 classroom.
Each month there will be at least four workshops exclusively coordinated for AMP members. The workshops will be recorded (and potentially livestreamed) to enable alumni companies to participate.
The workshops will take place in the IMSA classroom (pending availability) during a morning or afternoon time slot: generally 10:00am-11:00am and 2:00pm-3:00pm.
Workshops will cover the following subject areas:
- Sales/Business Development
- Product Management
- Leadership/Executive Coaching
- Communication and Presentation Skills
Members will also gain access to an exclusive roster of 20-30 high-level mentors who have been selected based on their exemplary background and relevance for mature and scaling companies.
In addition to a designated mentor roster, participants will be paired with a “super mentor,” an 1871 board member or corporate partner who will work with the company throughout the duration of the program.
Each team member of the participating companies will be eligible to participate in programming and will have a special membership classification on the 1871 Member Portal.
Community Events and Engagement:
To foster community and shared experience, 1871 will organize community events for AMP members that focus on idea exchange and discussion of best practices for companies in their stage of growth.
These events include:
- A weekly confab to discuss successes and challenges
- A bi-monthly pitch practice session where other members play the role of investors and provide feedback to their colleagues.
- A bi-monthly Founder’s Therapy session around a structured theme.
Members will also get access to a Slack channel exclusive to program participants.
For questions about AMP, please reach out to Kat Rokhlin at [email protected]