- 13,500+ square feet of customizable event spaces
- All-inclusive, competitive pricing
- Modular furniture and equipment
- Fully AV & WiFi-equipped event spaces
Included Staff & Services
- Day-of event staff
- Room setup and breakdown
- Janitorial services
Our largest event space is perfect for your next panel, keynote speaker, demo day, or reception.
Complete with five breakout rooms, modular furniture, and a
kitchen-equipped cafe, 1871 EAST is ideal for your team off-site, workshop, or interactive event.
Centrally located within 1871, this space is best for mid-sized events including panels, leadership meetings, and workshops.
With its amazing views of the city, this space is ideal for receptions, vendor displays, and networking breaks.
1871 has several conference rooms that can be utilized for small meetings, breakout spaces, war rooms, or meetups.
Hear From Past Hosts
1871 is located within Chicago’s iconic Merchandise Mart (theMART) in the bustling River North neighborhood. Your attendees will be steps away from some of Chicago’s most popular sites including the Loop, the Riverwalk, and fantastic restaurants.
Getting to 1871
1871 can be found in Suite 1212 on the 12th floor of theMART, which is located on the North side of the river between Wells and Orleans. For easy access, enter through the Orleans entrance on the west side of theMART and take those elevators to the 12th floor.
222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 1212
Chicago, IL 60654
Perks of Hosting Your Event in the MART
- Marshall’s Landing on the 2nd floor is perfect for post-event cocktails
- USPS and FedEx Office Print & Ship Center are both located in theMART
- The Holiday Inn Chicago is accessible via an enclosed skywalk Central location
- The Brown and Purple lines even drop you directly at theMART
Use SpotHero, an 1871 Alum, to secure and pay for parking in advance! Download their app to get started.
Self-Park at the 210 N. Wells lot (enter on Wells between Franklin and Wells St) and validate your ticket at 1871 for discounted rates.