|Event Start Date:|
September 25, 2023
|Event End Date:|
September 25, 2023
Cheer on the finalists!
1871 is hosting a three-round pitch competition, in which early stage women-led tech startups will pitch their company for a chance to win a cash prize and equity opportunities from our notable VC partners.
Funding & awards
🏆 💰 🎉
$50k minimum committed prize money will be awarded at the final event. Prize money will consist of both cash and equity investments from our sponsoring VC partners
- Top 5 finalists will receive free virtual membership to 1871 for 6-months
About WMNtech @ 1871
Our WMNtech initiative supports women-identifying entrepreneurs & leaders with regular programming, tailored resources, mentorship, & community designed to help them embrace their unique strengths & break down the barriers they face.
On average, less than 3% of all VC investment went to women-led companies and the average deal size for women-founded or co-founded companies is less than half that of only male-founded startups.
This event activates our community of early stage startups, corporate partners, venture capitalists and the wider tech ecosystem. As a collective we aim to deepen the pool of funds that women-identifying founders can access.
Eligibility to enter
- Need to have a deep understanding of the problem they seek to solve and for whom
- Clear definition of their user and key value propositions
- Have developed a highly effective go-to-market strategy and have tested and verified these strategies
- Clear and defined business model that ties into the overall strategy of the business
- Need to show some traction with your business through customers success
- We want to be an early stage advocate and fundraising partner to you!
- Applicants are no longer eligible if you have already closed a series A funding round
1.20.23 - 2.24.23
The applicants are screened and the top 20 are notified if they are to move onto the semi-finals. The competition is open to non-members, across the US. See eligibility before applying.
Private - Virtual
The top 20 founders will pitch virtually to a panel of business leaders for a chance to win a finalist spot in the next phase. Only the top 5 will advance to our finalist event. This round will be closed to the public.
Public - Hybrid
Top 5 finalists will participate by pitching [hybrid options available] to a panel of judges consisting of business leaders and major VC’s in our network for funding & awards.